Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homeward Bound, the unincredible journey

So the plug has been pulled/postponed for our project here in Alaska.  The reasons and decisions behind it are far above my pay grade. I am very disappointed.  We were just starting to get into the groove of this survey.  The crew and the contractors were a great group of people to work with. Its a shame that our mojo has to stop.  I was looking forward to transiting to the Arctic, maybe some other time.  We have just left Dutch Harbor after days of waiting for weather cancelled flights.  Everyone who was supposed to fly home is now in for an extra voyage to Seattle. We may be home in time for Independence Day.  Please be sunny when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is selfish, but one upshot of the cancellation is that we get you back on the team in time for the playoffs. skreet-skreet!

    ReplyDelete